- Combat: Donate food to support food banks and youth-specific homeless shelters
2. History of Previous Abuse
- Combat: Address the issues of abuse and runaways in families is important to decreasing the number of children who end up on the streets, at risk for child exploitation.
3. Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Combat: Keeping an eye out for addictive behaviors or drug usage in the children you care about may help prevent further abuse and/or runaways.
4. Mental Health (Depression)
- Combat: NCMEC’s Family Advocacy Outreach Network has great resources on how parents can identify mental health indicators and can help prevent child sexual exploitation. http://www.missingkids.com/FAON
FULL ARTICLE: http://www.wearethorn.org/