Director of California's Forgotten Children Documentary, Melody Miller met with talented Singer/Song Writer Hana Kim today. They are planing to collaborate on a original song for this documentary.
Hana Kim has been raising awareness about child trafficking with her latest song she wrote called "Heaven Sees Me" you can watch here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrWtc_wXAjM
All the proceeds of "Heaven Sees Me" went to a local Los Angeles non-profit Saving Innocence.
It is wonderful to be working with talented artists dedicated to raise awareness about this problem.
1. Lack of Food and Resources
- Combat: Donate food to support food banks and youth-specific homeless shelters
2. History of Previous Abuse
- Combat: Address the issues of abuse and runaways in families is important to decreasing the number of children who end up on the streets, at risk for child exploitation.
3. Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Combat: Keeping an eye out for addictive behaviors or drug usage in the children you care about may help prevent further abuse and/or runaways.
4. Mental Health (Depression)
- Combat: NCMEC’s Family Advocacy Outreach Network has great resources on how parents can identify mental health indicators and can help prevent child sexual exploitation. http://www.missingkids.com/FAON
FULL ARTICLE: http://www.wearethorn.org/
This is an amazing opportunity for people interested in learning more about human trafficking and how to stop it! And it's FREE!